* WHAT…Snow, heavy at times. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9 inches possible. Northeast winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of north central and northeast Illinois.
* WHEN…From Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. Hazardous conditions may impact the Monday evening and Tuesday morning commutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Freezing rain or sleet may mix in with the snow at times, mainly late Monday afternoon and evening for locales south of I-88. Some power outages are possible due to the combined effects of the expected wetter nature of the snow and strong and gusty winds.